[Challenge win: Winner at A Bit More Time To Craft challenge]
Here’s a recent art journal spread of mine –
I started the background by applying modeling paste through a stencil, over which I added gesso. I then brushed some acrylics, followed by spritzing some water for the paint to move around and settle. I then used dye inks for some stamping, and added lines and some marks using Copic markers.
For the focal images, I used archival ink with stamps. I colored the images using watercolor pencils and a water brush pen, with some additional watercoloring from cakes as well. I added some subtle marks around the faces by using stamps and dye inks. I then fussy cut the faces and adhered them to the background.
I used die cut pieces for the frames, and employed dye inks and stamps along the frames to resemble etchings. I then used watercolors with a water brush pen, as well as acrylics with a gel plate, on the frames for a distressed look. I adhered the frames over the images.
For the quote, I used a stamp with some dye inks. I fussy cut the quote strips and ran a gel pen along the edges. I then adhered the quote to the background. I completed the spread by adding some more marks using Copic markers. Ta da!
With this spread, I’m joining these challenges –