Here’s a pair of tags that I made recently –
I cut out the tags from a lovely kraft paper backdrop that was present in a craft supplies packaging I’d received a while back. I first smooshed some acrylics over the paper, and let it dry.
I followed this with some acrylics splatters, over which I spritzed some water. I then used stencils, over which I pounced white acrylics, which turned out to be plenty more visible than the background so far.
For the focal flowers, I used stamps with dye ink, over which I applied white acrylic paint. I then used watercolor pencils with a water brush pen. I finished the flowers with doodles using a black fineliner.
I also added doodles on the background using the same fineliner and a white gel pen, and used Prismacolor highlights on them. I then used a Copic marker for some marks.
For the quotes, I used stamps with dye ink on a different piece of paper, which I fussy cut. On its edges, I ran a watercolor pencil with a water brush pen, as well as some extra dye ink. I then added the quotes to the background to complete the tags. Ta da!
With this project, I’m joining these challenges –