Here’s a recent art journal spread of mine –
The background of this spread had negatives from a previous gel-printing session. It also looks like I used some leftover metallic acrylics from another session, which I can’t seem to recall now. Anyway, let’s just say I started out with a pre-created background from some previous sessions.
Over the background, I used some stencils and acrylics to create some scattered prints of mandalas and circles near the spread’s edges.
I made the focal piece on a different piece of paper. I used a stamp with water-spritzed acrylics to create the outline of the figure. I fussy cut the figure, and colored it by pouncing acrylics as a gradient over a couple of stencils. I adhered this to the background.
For the quote, I made the first letter of each word using alphabet stamps with dye inks, and wrote the rest of the letters with a gel pen. I also drew lines with squiggles along some edges. That completed my spread, ta da!
With this spread, I’m joining the following challenges –