An art journal spread that I made recently –
I brushed the background with acrylics, then stamped using acrylic paints – I really like the watercolor-like effect this produces. I then used scrap paper from previous sessions to diecut some shapes, which I used for branches and leaves. I adhered them onto the background, and outlined them with a fineliner.
On a different piece of paper, I used an insect stamp with dye inks, and fussy cut the shape. I outlined parts of the insect with a water-based marker, mounted the piece on thick paper, and pasted it over the background.
I then did more light stamping with dye inks on the background, and added some marks with Copic markers. I also made some splatters with black acrylic paint.
For the quote, I used various stamps with dye inks. I cut out rectangles around the words, and brushed their edges with dye inks and watercolor pencils. I also used watercolor pencils and a water brush pen on the edges of the spread itself. That completed the spread, ta da!
With this project, I’m joining these challenges –