Here’s a recent art journal spread of mine –
I first tried the focal image on a different piece of paper, inspired by a Creative Jumpstart lesson. I didn’t manage to get the technique (on the dress and the headdress) right, but there’s always next time. 😉 So I just left the dress be, and overlaid the headdress with some stamping.
And meanwhile, I worked with what I had and decided to concentrate more on the face instead – I was really happy with the result. I mostly used watercolors and watercolor pencils in the painting process. Finally, I used fineliners, multiliners and gel pens to accentuate things here and there.
For the background of the spread, I used a gel-print negative from a previous session. After adhering the focal image, I used watercolors for an ombré effect that also retains some transparency, and followed it with some light stamping using dye inks. I stamped and handwrote a quote.
To finish the spread, I added some marks with a marker, I scribble-journaled along the edge with a fineliner, and added some stamped borders. Ta da!
With this spread, I’m joining the following challenges –