This is the 6th entry of my 100 Days of Art Journaling series, and my 150th post overall! Thank you for your support, friends, and for joining me in my creative journey – it means a lot to me. 🙂
Lately, my creative sessions have been haphazard. Due to work (and life in general), I don’t find the time to get creative every day, so I make up for it by not constraining myself to a single page whenever I’m full of ideas or energy. At this point, I’ve reached a point where my mind thinks of art journaling when I’m bored or down, and I make something even if it’s not inventive. That was the goal of this exercise, and I’m happy it’s working!
I die-cut the rectangles in this first page using various scraps from previous gelprinting / painting sessions. I also started using Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils, and I love them! I’ve outlined the rectangle using these pencils and a little water-spritzing. The second page is a salvage from a botched gelprint, and I used scraps and gel pens for the lines.
For the third page, I tried to use something else to move the paint around – an old credit card. I applied acrylic paints on the page and spritzed some water over them before using the card, and it took off tiny layers of the paper with it. Yay, it looks like I’ve now discovered how to create a grungy effect that’s both visual and tactile. 🙂
For the first page here, I used crumpled TP for texture again. I also used distress inks for the first time. And some stamping with dye inks, a bit stronger compared to last time. The other page has the grid-like addition only because I didn’t like the original background much.
One of the packages that our shopping came in included a card with the cute Simon Says Stamp doggie on it, so I cut it out in the form of a tag. I gesso’ed the glossy surface to make it workable, used watercolor pencils to add color, and activated them with a damp brush.
I did the circles page thinking of a stencil that I saw in an art journal video, this time, using the card squeegee with a lighter touch than earlier for the background colors. Then I accidentally got some black acrylics onto the page, but since I really liked the earlier look, I didn’t try to fix the mistake.
I’d used black watercolor in the circles page, and decided to use watercolors in the next page as well. I love the forest look, which wasn’t what I had in mind when I started. The last page is again a mishmash of gelprints, which is turning out to be my go-to technique when I don’t have anything in mind, and just want to play with random stuff and surprise myself.
I also seem to have finally found a good location at my home to click pictures of my journal pages – enough light from the window, good height for camera positioning, which means less time spent adjusting the angles / perspective of the pictures in post-processing.
Check out other posts in my 100 Days of Art Journaling series.