Beaded ornament experiment

Beading is something I’ve been wanting to try for a while. I’ve done some bead crochet projects, of course, but constantly seeing cabochons with beaded finishing on my Pinterest screen has to have some effect, doesn’t it? 😉

So before I go running to buy beading supplies, I thought I’ll first try it with the limited supplies I have. I used my collection of beads and some nylon wire for the test run. I started out with a cyclic symmetry of three and added a few rounds. Because nylon wire isn’t super-thin, I could only go into each bead about twice on average, so the project ended up kinda stunted. In the final round, I turned the three-way symmetry into a six-pronged ornament. This is how it looks —Beaded ornamentRecounting my experience, I think I’d like to try more sometime.

Advertisements

I'd love to know what you think, so type away!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s